Thursday, December 31, 2009

The end of 2009. The end of a decade.

It seems like many people are happy to say good-bye to 2009. I am sure there are a few years that I myself was happy to say good-bye to. Why are we happy to say good-bye to a year? We can’t take that year back we can’t recreate the memories. We always look back and wonder where the time goes but are happy when a year is over. I wouldn’t mind holding onto 2009 a little longer. I only have about 8 hours and 20 minutes left and I am going to cherish them. 2009 hasn’t been the best year nor has it been the worst year. I do have to say 2009 has been a growth year.

It started out as a rough year but this time it was different. I took what I had and I learned and grew from it. I have learned and figured out how to make it work when it seemed like nothing else will work. I can honestly say 2009 has not been a bad year. Don’t get me wrong it has had it’s moments but I think out of 10 years I have learned and done a lot of firsts this year.

I have had my ups and downs this year. I have had my laughs and cries this year. I have found friendships I thought were lost, I have gained new friends and I have lost friends. I have walked 13 + miles in less then 24 hours. I have slept on a gym floor for an hour in the middle of no where. I have sat in a mini van with 5 other girls for 32 + hours. I got to go to one of the places I have wanted to go in all of my 33 years with an amazing friend. I realized that if I am positive about a situation it will more than likely end better than if I am negative. I really have learned to live this year to make me happy and not anyone else. I don’t expect anything out of anyone and I get so much more in return. This year I realized that we can’t take any moment for granted. We could lose things or people we love in an instant and when you get a second chance take it, because there may not be a third. I have accomplished so many goals this year and I am so proud of those goals I have accomplished. I may have cried my way through but in the end I am so much happier about the decisions and places I am at in my life.

This year for me has been a good year.

In a decade I have had lived in 10 different houses, had 7 different roommates, 3 different cities, and 2 cars.

In the last 10 years I met, stalked and married my best friend. He alone brought so many amazing people into my life. 10 years ago today I didn’t know my amazing mother and father-in-law. I have found and gained some of the most amazing people in my life that weren’t there 10 years ago.

In 10 years I have discovered I love to read and quilt. In 10 years or even this year I realized how important family is and how much I love and cherish every moment with them, especially my wonderful Mother. These 10 years haven’t been easy and I can say some of the best things I learned she has taught me.

In 10 years I still can’t spell and my punctuations…Yeah it sucks worse than my spelling.

10 years ago I was 23 and doing anything and everything I wanted to do. Can I say that 10 years ago today I would have seen my life where it is today? Probably not. I think it is more than I could have imagined. I have a great life and I love it. I look forward to 2010 and the 9 years after that.

No comments: