Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Nightstand

Thursday night I got an IM from Jenn wondering if I had any girly girl books she could read. Nothing that was romantic or anything deep. Just something simple and girly pretty much. I started thinking about a few books I had. I suggested Confessions of a Shopaholic. I have bought and read the entire series. I love that they are quick, simple, smart, funny and most importantly girly.

As I was looking through my box of books I stumbled upon about 6 or 7 books I have started but haven't finished yet. Usually I will have 1 book I am reading and a few I have started reading but not finished sitting on my nightstand. Now sitting on my nightstand are 6 or 7 books I have started but not finished. I have now made it my new goal to finish them before I buy another book. Which will be hard since I love to buy new books that I think I will love.

Last night I finished Water for Elephants, loved it. (Which BTW is an entirely new blog.) Now I have to decided which of the 7 books on my nightstand I will restart and finish.

Can You Keep A Secret, Sophie Kinsella
River Cross My Heart, Breena Clarke
The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
Girl With A Pearl Earling, Tracy Chevalier
Big Stone Gap, Adriana Trigiani
Sunday At Tiffany's, James Patterson
We Were The Mulvaney's, Joyce Carol Oates

I think it might be The Alchemist since I have read most of it and just stopped because I fell asleep on the plane and lost my spot.

1 comment:

Erin Walsh said...

I LOVE Girl with a pearl earring or ANYTHING by Tracy Chevalier. My favorite of hers is The Virgin Blue but you can't read that one until you finish the others so forget i said anything. I'm jealous of all your books though. I haven't read anything but board books in almost a year. Sad. I love that about you...that you read, I mean. Not many people do it anymore just for fun.