Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My New Favorite Salad

I have discovered a new favorite salad. I found it a long time ago in a magazine an for got about it. Chris and I loved it so I hope you love it as much as we did.

Zesty CousCous Salad

1package (10oz.) Near East CousCous Original Plain
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 medium zucchini, quartered
1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
1/3 cup green onions, sliced
3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled

1. Prepare Near East couscous according to package directions, except omit margarine or butter and add black pepper to water.
2. In large bowl, combine prepared coussous, lemon juice and olive oil. Add tomatoes, zucchini, basil and green onions.
Chill 4 hours or overnight
3. Stir in cheese just before serving.
Serve over lettuce, if desired.
7 Servings (1-1/2 cups each)
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes

2 comments:

Jenn Sanders said...

Nice! I just learned that I like Couscous. I'm so excited. I will make this this weekend!

Taneha said...

I hope you like it as much as I do! I made some last night. I am excited to eat it for lunch.