Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Thankful Day 5, 6 & 7.....

Thankful Day 5 - Old & New Traditions

Every year when I was little we went to the Verboort Sausage Festival.  Then it was small (well compared to now.) and in the basement of a little school/church.  Now it is HUGE, no longer in the basement and has a line for to go orders.  For the last at least 8 years Mom and I have gone and gotten to go orders for us and whoever else wants them.  Last year Juanita and JR at Plum Hill asked us to pick them up 2 dinners.  This year we did it again then went to the tasting room and sat for a couple hours enjoying chatting, YUMMY wine and good company.  It was a great day for old and new traditions. 

Thankful Day 6 - Standard Time

I love the extra hour we get each year to sleep in.  It is always nice to wake up, forgetting the time has changed then realize I am wide awake at 8am because technically it is 9am.  LOVE IT!

Thankful Day 7 - Bears Won

YEP - That is what I came up with.  The Bears won their 3rd game in a row.  OK OK I am thankful for the job I have that I get up and go to 5 days a week.  I know I complain about it but I am lucky enough to have one.  I am very thankful for that. 

No comments: