Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What Happened?

This weekend I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror, it wasn't a pretty sight, hair that hasn't been cut since August, a body that is in desperate need of a walk, a run a workout, or anything physical. Last summer I was working towards a goal and probably worked out almost 2-3 times a week. This year NOTHING, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH.

What happened? Where are the days when I could go out after work and meet a few friends for drinks? Now I would rather go home, read or go to bed.

My back, my legs, my neck and my head ache from being so tired and the stress. My brain is dead half the time. I used to pride myself on remembering EVERYTHING (which my husband and Thomas HATE). I can't remember CRAP to save my life lately. I go to working early in the morning and lately have been so busy I don't know where the day has gone. At times I have a stack of papers to work on at home. If I get to them it is another story.

When I get home the dishes are usually waiting, the vacuum cleaner is yelling, "please, please, please use and abuse me" and clutter well it is in every corner. Sometimes I feel like I hate the place we live in so much I don't care, therefor that is my excuse for the way it looks. I think it is a good one myself.

What it boils down to. I need to get up off my ASS and do something. I need to clean my house and start caring again. Once I do it I will be less tired and everything will be done. I just can't get myself to the point of starting. I find other things to do with my time. Like end up at Lost Lake or play 50 rounds of Bejeweled Blitz. Which btw I see nothing wrong with.


I have to do it. What am I going to do if we have a baby? Really, can I live like this if we have a baby? I think not.

Goal for the next 30 days.....Clean my house, work out at least 2 times a week (just a start) and eat better. I will let you know on May 13th how it is going.

Here is to going home and working out tonight. :)

1 comment:

Erin Walsh said...

Ugh! I hear you. I haven't worked out in darn near six months and I actually miss it. We should head out for an easy walk one of these weekends!