Thursday, April 15, 2010

Top 5 Books

A friend asked me today what my top 5 favorite books were. First, no fair I don't think I can do this.

This is what I finally came up with.

Here is the run down. I don’t really have all time favorite books, well maybe one or ten. So I will break them down a little. FYI my orginal list has 20 books on the list.

If you love funny, comical, fast read, girly books Jenn and I LOVED these. All 5 good books, a good series. Wouldn’t say I would put any single book as a favorite but favorite series if that make sense.

Confessions of a Shopaholic, by Sophie Kinsella
Shopaholic takes Manhattan
Shopaholic Ties the Knott
Shopaholic & Sister
Shopaholic & Baby

Same author wrote The Undomestic Goddess – It is a quick good read too.

But I think my all time 5 favorites

- Water For Elephants – by Sara Gruen (Probably one of my all time favorites I started it 3 times on the 3rd time I couldn’t put it down. I think I read it in 3-4 days.)

- Shoot The Moon – by Billie Letts (She wrote Where the Heart Is which was one of Oprah’s first book club books.)

- The Lucky One – Nicolas Sparks (Some people don’t like him mainly all his books seem similar. Amy V LOVES him, Krissy not a fan. I have only read 4 of his books this one was one of my favorites. I did like all the 4 that I have read though.)

- Accidental Happiness – Jean Reynolds (I randomly received this book and loved it.)

- Sam’s Letter to Jennifer – James Patterson (Not anything like his mystery books at all. This was one of the first books I read in literally 2 days. LOVED it.)

I have many more but you said top 5. A few other favs though are

- Girl with a Pear Earring (probably would tie one of them for my top 5 fav. )
- Memoirs of Geisha
- The Choice
- At First Sight
- The Pilot’s Wife

So there is a run down of a few good ones. I have many more but it was only suppose to be 5. Depends on what you are also looking to read. Kite Runner is another one of my favs. I have started a list from authors that aren’t as popular as Nicolas Sparks or James Patterson, of books I want to read now.

Also most done with another I started last Saturday. On to the next one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In keeping with your 'Shopaholic' books, have you read "Bitter is the New Black"? Hilarious and thought provoking. (maybe not so much serious thoughts, but insightful.)
Wonderful to see you this afternoon. Thanks for your friendship to my daughters.