Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Blog....Facebook....Twitter....Facebook....Facebook..Twitter....MySpace

How many does one person need? I realized the other day that it actually gets out of control. Do I blog? Do I FB? Do I Tweet? To myself I think "oh yeah, I still have a MySpace page that I haven't looked at in 2 weeks."

I feel like it is a little out of control at points. How many Social Networks does one need to keep in contact socially? OK I am guilty of having a Blog, FB, Twitter and MySpace. I conformed.

I never use my MySpace page. I have thought about deleting it, but there are people on there that aren't on Facebook. Then again the ones I love and care about have my phone number, they can text or call me.

I feel like I haven't blogged in a while because I just don't have time. I have all these Blog topics but why blog when I can just update my FB status. I like to be able to sit down and put thought into my blog not just a......Taneha Poulton Teshera is.....blah blah blah. There is more time and effort when blogging which I seem to not have lately. I do love blogging though. I have it connected to FB so it will automatically post on FB just in case someone doesn't want to go to another application. The added convenience to Social Networking.

Then there is Twitter. I get it but I don't get it. I get a million updates a day from people on Twitter and it is great getting news updates, star updates, company updates and friend updates. Thank goodness I have an unlimited text plan. I seem to only use this when I am out and about and take a picture of something and want to Tweet about it. It is also connected to my FB status so it will instantly update.

Which do I use? Which is more important? Which do more people use? Do I use different applications for different things? Is a blog more personal? Is Tweeting just for daily updates? Is Facebook a combination of both?

Now that I have posted a blog I better go Facebook and Tweet. :)

No comments: