Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cilantro-Lime Rice

As requested here is the recipe to the Cilantro-Lime Rice I make and the new Salmon recipe we tried. The original recipe for the rice was from a Cooking Light recipe from 2002, Cilantro Rice with Chicken. I tweaked it a little and came up with my own recipe which I enjoy much more. I hope you love it as much as we do.

Ingredients

Rice:
Rice 2 1/2 cups (this makes about 8 servings in our rice cooker)
3 Cups Chicken Broth (I cook the rice in chicken broth to add flavor)

Sauce:
1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1 1/2 Large Limes
2-3 Garlic Cloves
Dash Salt
2 tbsp Green Onions
2 Cups Cilantro

Preparation:

Cook Rice either on stove top or in a rice cooker

To Prepare sauce, mix the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Stir into rice mixture.

That is the recipe fairly simple. The Salmon recipe is pretty easy as well.

4tbl sweet chile sauce
1tbl fresh lime juice
1tbl fish sauce
3tbl soy sauce
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped green onion
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cilantro

Marinate the Salmon most of the day bake or BBQ

They were great together - Enjoy!!!!

No comments: