Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Giving Up


After my run on Saturday I was REALLY discouraged.  I kind of felt like I wanted to give up.  Forget the 10k and the half marathon.  I am just not cut out for this running crap.  As much as I love it some days are just rough.  Saturday I tried to convince myself I could make it.  My knee started hurting, the rain, the tiredness, the constant puddles and the soaking wet feet just got to me.  I just wanted to give up.  I would walk a little and then run.  I made it and was glad I got out there at 6:30am.  I still wasn't convinced I could actually do a 10k in 2 weeks.  The voices were starting to get me down.   

As much as I knew I needed to run last night I just wasn't feeling it. Knowing I have a 10k right around the corner I needed to at least get a few 3-5 milers in this week.  I can't give up now this is what I have been wanting.  After a few encouraging words I pulled up my big girl pants and hit the road.  I was almost done and I told myself to go just a little bit further.  I ended up running about 2.6 miles at a 10:30 pace.  Usually I am between 11:00 - 11:30.  It was a great feeling and I am glad I did it.  Now if I can take that run just a little longer on Wednesday. 

I know I can do this.  Slow and stead, I will make it. 

No comments: