Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thai Chicken with Baby Corn

OK I want to blog more. I love it and have been so busy lately but should have at least 30 mintues to blog something about life, my life, Chris' life, Kona's life or the grass outside. ;-)

For tonight I tried something new for dinner. I LOVE Thai food. Ok I LOVE Asian food and I love to try new things. I love chicken with baby corn and found a recipe similar to something I usually get when we get Thai.

Oil -- 3 tablespoons
Chicken breast or thighs, boneless, skinless and thinly sliced -- 1 pound
Onion, thinly sliced -- 1/2
Garlic, minced -- 3-4 cloves
Baby corn, cut into rounds -- 1 cup
Straw mushrooms -- 1 cup
Oyster sauce --3 tablespoons
Fish sauce -- 3 tablespoons
Sugar -- 3 tablespoons
Pepper -- 2 teaspoons

Method
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large pot over medium-high flame. Add the chicken and stir fry until halfway cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic and continue stir frying until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are lightly translucent, another 2-3 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low and add the corn, mushrooms, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar and pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes to cook through and serve with rice.

Variations
Add some julienned red peppers along with the onions if you like.
One half bunch of chopped scallions can be substituted for the onion.

Now I am going to go watch The Real Housewives of Orange County reunion. Don't judge you know you watch too.

No comments: