Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It has been a while.....

I didn't realize how long it has been since I actually sat down and wrote a blog. Each time I start to write I stop to think maybe I should really blog about that. Today I thought I would write a few updates since I haven't in a while.

January and February have come and gone like they were weeks instead of months. January seems so long ago already I don't even remember what I did that month. I am just getting over the whirl wind affect of February that came and went.

I have actually been traveling more for work so I have been busy planning my trips and going back and forth from Arizona every other month. I also went to Las Vegas for 4 days in February. Actually found a few restaurants I loved and can't wait to go to again in June when and if I go. I don't mind traveling all that much I figure it builds up my frequent flyer miles that we can hopefully use soon.

For a few months now I have been looking for a new job. It isn't that I don't like what I do I just am struggling at the company I am currently working at. Mid January I found a job that I liked through Adeco doing pretty much exactly what I am doing now for a much larger company. I interviewed with them the first week of February and felt really good about the interview. About a week later I got a call asking me what my salary range was and I was still feeling pretty good. On the 15th I got the news that they offered the job to someone else that had a little smaller salary range than I did. I was very upset cause I felt so good about the job. After crying and being upset cause I didn't get it I realized that it wasn't the job God intended for me and that there was a better plan. That is easier to say now than it was 3 weeks ago. ;-)


At the beginning of February we made an executive decision between Chris and I that we needed to move to save money. We didn't want to because we loved our house and our Landlords but knew we were paying too much in rent. So the search began about the first week to find a new place. We were looking every where. From Hillsboro to Sherwood to SW Portland. If it was in our price range we looked at it. There were a few that we liked in Sherwood but didn't fit in our price range at all. Right before I left for Vegas we found a house in Beaverton that we really liked. The couple renting it seemed very nice and down to earth they were fine with Kona and weren't asking more for a security deposit. We filled out an application and we were excited to start the process. We were just waiting to here back. They never called so back to the search. We knew we had to be out by the 2nd so time was running out and quick. Monday the 25th we looked at a place in Aloha/Beaverton that we actually really liked. On the 27th we got a call that our application was accepted and we could move in starting the 1st. PHEW, just in time or else we would have been packing it all and living in a storage unit. :) Kelle, Joe, Mom, Dana and Kenzie came over and helped us move and we got it all done. Now to the unpacking for Taneha!!! I am still going room by room I think this is worse than packing.

So this is what we have been doing the last 2 months. I think I will start blogging more cause I have a lot of random thoughts lately. Also I have been finding a lot of new recipes that we have liked. Tonight Chris is going to try this new soup his Mom made while I was in Vegas. I can't wait to try it and I will post the recipe tomorrow in case anyone is in the mood for a new soup.

One last thing....Chris, thank you so much for supporting me in the decisions I make and standing by me. I know sometimes it isn't easy putting up with my emotional roller coaster and random freak out break downs. You always know how to make me smile and laugh my way through them even though you have heard the same thing 100 times.

There is so much more going on in my head but since I haven't wrote in a while I will save it for another day.

No comments: